Certified Surgical Tech
Location: Metairie, Louisiana
We are looking for a Certified Surgical Tech (scrub tech) for a wonderful client in Metairie.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and will be more than capable of handling a busy schedule. We are looking for a candidate that can demonstrate a near-perfect work performance even while working under pressure. This position will be in both surgery and clinic. This is a demanding specialty surgery practice so previous experience working as a certified scrub tech for a specialty practice is preferred. Proof of certification will be required.
- Prepare and organize the operating room equipment, instruments, and supplies as required for various surgical procedures
- Anticipate surgeon and patient needs during a procedure
- Prepare, check, and monitor medications, and assist with dressings
- Set up a sterile and sanitary environment, and maintain the sterile field for the patient during procedures
- Utilize correct body mechanics in moving, transporting, and positioning patients, stretchers, and/or tables in order to prevent injury to patient and personnel
- Follow relevant safety and sanitation guidelines
- Participate in orientation and education of all operating room staff on an ongoing basis
- Participate in stocking and restocking medical supplies
- Inspect, replace, and sterilize medical instruments
- Provide surgeons and patients with necessary instruments, supplies, and equipment
Must be certified and able to show proof of certification.
Prior ortho experience a HUGE PLUS. Prior experience in a specialty surgery practice preferred.