Insurance Defense Legal Secretary
Location: CBD New Orleans, Louisiana
Our long-term client is looking for a Legal Secretary to join their team in the CBD!
The ideal candidate will have experience with an insurance defense firm, and any family law experience is a BIG PLUS. We are looking for a go-getter and reliable candidate with a positive and helpful attitude. The position will be full time temp to hire with an immediate start date. The hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 with an hour lunch break. Parking is paid.
- Provide administrative support to one or more lawyers
- Effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, colleagues and partners
- Greet visitors and perform initial screening of clients
- Attend meetings as needed
- Write case briefs and synopses of depositions, contracts and testimony as needed
- Produce and file various legal documents such as appeals, motions or petitions
- Preserve an updated case record system
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Maintain and update inventories of contact details
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
Previous legal secretary / paralegal experience required.
Prior experience with insurance defense and/or family law is preferred.